I posted yesterday about my box I covered. I haven't finished it quite yet, but I did want to post some pics and show off what I did so far.
So here is a slightly blurry shot of my covered box and the teabox I used to make it. A week or so ago, I was staring at the empty teabox after using my last tea bag and thought it looked about the size to hold 3x5 cards. Turns out, it's the PERFECT size. Once I finish this box I'm probably going to give it away as a recipe card box or something. I've noticed that a lot of tea boxes are about this size, so you can check yours out. Maybe it could work for holding 3x5 cards, too!
I decided to cover the box using only pieces of scrap paper from my paper stash (except for the initial layer of cardstock I put on all of the faces of the box, for added strength), and more specifically only those scraps that were still on my desk, yet to be filed. I really like the way it turned out. It ended up having combinations I never would have thought to use before. I did a lot of sanding and really like the way it turned out.
I used my paper punches to create the cute little "chipboard" flowers (as described in yesterday's post).
And here are a couple of clearer pictures of the little mini albums I did yesterday. As I mentioned, these are examples of one of the mini albums I'm teaching in my upcoming class at the Riverview JoAnn. The letters and numbers are also "chipboard".